Optional Course Materials
This semester we may make occasional reference to the following , and their associated online materials (YouTube videos, Github code repositories, etc.). You may purchase them if you wish.
- James George and Jonathan Minard, CLOUDS Documentary
- Lauren McCarthy, Getting Started with p5.js
- Casey Reas and Ben Fry, Processing: A Handbook
- Dan Shiffman, Learning Processing
- OF Community, OFBook
This course expects students to produce weekly Deliverables, which consist of Projects and Looking Outwards reports, which are posted on this site.
The last of the Projects is a Capstone project with a proposal, check-in, and final presentation phase. Rubrics (evaluation and grading criteria) for deliverables can be found here.
This course uses the following software systems:
- This WordPress blog, through which students publish Projects and more
- A Google Calendar
- We may, if desired, create a Slack channel