Remarks and Updates.
- Feedback on Animated GIF Loops from Rachel Binx and Marius Watz has been posted.
- You did wonderful work on the plotter prints last night. I’m waiting to hear from one more outside reviewer, so I’m likely to send off the links to your projects on Sunday. (Discussion) In your opinion, what was the pedagogic value of this assignment?
- Please read my assignments completely. (For example: Several of you did not generate a GIF for the GIF loop assignment, which defeats much of the pedagogic value of the assignment. Several of you did not notice that I provided you with sample code in Processing for exporting PDFs, etc.)
- Digging a little deeper. Three of you (hizlik, aliot, ngdon) selected the same person for your Looking Outwards — “coincidentally” the first name (alphabetically) in a big list.
- WEIRD REALITY. Tom Hughes and Anna Henson will ask you to sign up for your work hours for the conference today. Thank you!
Examples from “Faces in Media Art”
The scope of these links is approximately bound to works that deal with recognition, detection, and tracking, but may extend into works that involve computationally remixed portraiture.
- Face as Interface by Kyle McDonald
- Three Transitions (2nd Transition) (1973) by Peter Campus
- Cheese (2003) by Christian Möller
- oneseconds: having a different kind of facial datamosh face subsitution
- Electric Stimulus to Face -test3 (2008) by Daito Manabe
- L’homme 100 têtes by JUL & MAT, 100 and one faces
- Amalgamation (2011) by Micaël Reynaud and Michael Jang
- Chiddy Bang – “Opposite of Adults” (2010) by Ben Dickinson and Duncan Skiles
- Surface Tension (1992) by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer
- The Year’s Midnight (2010) by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer
- Face Substitution (2012) by Arturo Castro & Kyle McDonald
- Miroir (2011) by Karleen Groupierre
- Autosmiley (2010) by Theo Watson
- All the Universe is Full of the Lives of Perfect Creatures by Karolina Soebecka.
- Typeface2 by Mary Huang
- Ann Hamilton- Photographer uses mouth as a camera
- Face Corset by Paddy Hartley
- CV Dazzle (2010) Adam Harvey
- Face Weaponization Suite (2011-2014) by Zach Blas
- Chase no Face (2012) Zach Lieberman, Francisco Zamorano, Andy Wallace, and Michelle Calabro. Augmented face projection.
- People Staring at Computers (2011, Kyle McDonald)
- OMOTE (2014) Nobumichi Asai et al. Augmented face projection.
Works we didn’t have time to discuss
- An Introduction to Interactive Art
- Boundary Functions (1998, Scott Snibbe)
- Text Rain (1999, Camille Utterback & Romy Achituv)
- Hand from Above (2008, Chris O’Shea + video)
- Delicate Boundaries (2008) and Base8 (2011, Christine Sugrue)
- le Monde des Montaignes (2008, Camille Scherrer)
- Face Substitution (2011, Kyle McDonald and Arturo Castro)
- Sniff (2011, Karolina Sobecka & Jim George)
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder (2011, Robert Hodgin + video)
- The Treachery of Sanctuary (2012, Chris Milk et. al)
- Puppet Parade, Rise and Fall, Night Bright (2006 -, Theo Watson + Emily Gobeille)
- Rain Room (2013, rAndom International)
- Beyond Pages (1995, Masaki Fujihata)
- Tool’s Life (2001, Chikamori & Kunoh)