- PERMANENT RULE: lines must never cross each other, but they may touch.
- Draw a line of any length and angle.
- Draw non-parallel lines of any length and angle branching off the line from #2 (or the perpendicular line, if #3 is reached from #5).
- Draw a line perpendicular to one of the lines. This new line should be of smaller length.
- You can skip this step, or repeat #3 on that perpendicular line.
- Keep drawing perpendicular lines to the previous line* from #4 (if you skipped #5) or #5 until a rectangle is made with a side made from that line*.
- Repeat #4 and #3 as much as you want in that rectangle.
- Repeat #3-7.
- If there are empty spaces you want to fill, repeat #2-7 until satisfied in other areas.
(a more diligent person would recurse even more)