Here’s a selection of some of our favorite responses to the prompt for Project 01, the self-portrait.
- Alison’s self-portrait is careful and considered. This is sensitively executed, patient work, made with evident care.
- Zai’s star constellation is personal, utterly unique, and carefully crafted with exceptional attention to color, shape, and overall composition. Great design.
- Jen’s playful watch face is an unusual concept, demonstrating highly innovative lateral thinking and a simple yet smart, secret surprise when interacting.
- Yoon’s traced photograph has rigorous visual design and excellent self-control. We wonder whether he did it ‘by hand’, or wrote an intermediate “helper” script?
- Marisa’s project has superb colors and exquisitely crafted curves. One of the few projects to use transparency. This is really sharp, splendid work.
- Ben’s solution, which is constructed exclusively from 10 arcs, exhibits exceptional (one might even say rare) restraint. A disciplined study.
- Faith learned a lot to make her elegant, careful project. We admire how she taught herself about push(), pop(), and related transformations in order to achieve the rotated ellipses.