1) Watch the intro video
2) Download helloP5 an example file which includes the p5 library and all the add ons. Duplicate it when you start a new project.
3) Download the code editor Brakets.io. Copy it on your desktop and open the helloP5 folder you just downloaded.
Organizing your projects
You are going to make a lot of assignments and exercises. It’s crucial that you learn where your files are and how to organize them. This is what I recommend:
1) make a folder for this class
2) backup the folder on a USB stick or external hard drive, andrew space or cloud storage every time
3) make a folder for each p5 project by duplicating the example project and renaming it. Don’t use spaces or strange symbols for filenames
No let’s take a look at a project structure.